Saturday, March 31, 2012

New shoes

Just this week, I remarked to Sean about how much Isla has grown up. It really just happened this week and it seems, overnight. 


All of a sudden, she has two bottom teeth (and is starting to work at one on top) and can roll front to back as well as back to front. She is staying awake for longer periods during the day, and is beginning to fall into pretty consistent sleep patterns. 


With Isla becoming easier I decided that I really needed to start doing something. I realized that the longest I have been away from her was for a couple hours to get my hair cut back in February. Other than that, I have literally spent every single minute with her. I definitely wouldn't have it any other way and I treasure every single moment I get to spend with my baby, but I also decided that perhaps it would be good for me to have a few moments of "me" time here or there. 


So today, Sean, Isla and I ventured to Caledon Hills Cycling, and Sean bought me some sweet Salomon trail running shoes. 
They are super cute and since we have a hiking trail pretty much in our backyard, I thought this would be the perfect solution for some "me" time. It definitely helps that perhaps I will be able to shed some of this leftover baby weight that is lingering! I enjoy running, although I am not blessed with running feet, and I found road running (anything over 5 km) absolutely destroyed my feet regardless of which shoes I wore. I am thinking trail running will be a little more interesting and hopefully, will affect my feet differently. 

Let's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment