Friday, March 23, 2012

Isla's First Swimming Lesson

The highlight of this week was Isla's first swimming lesson at Making Waves in Brampton. I signed Isla up for the parent and tot class with the intention of alternating Sean and I to accompany her each week. As I was terrified of having to dunk her underwater, I made Sean go first. 


It turns out, they didn't have to dunk the babies at all. They just started teaching the cue: 1, 2, 3, under... so the baby will learn to close their eyes and hold their breath. Only their chin went under the first week :)


Isla started out with a few little tears at the beginning- unsure that she really wanted to be doing this. After some songs and games, she came around and did really well. We are going to keep going with Sean swimming with her each week, as it's something fun for them to do together... and let's face it, public pools are not my thing. It was pretty cute that there were 3 other dads in the class as well, with moms on the pool deck snapping pictures. They must all think like me!


I am super excited for her next class- Here are some pics:





No comments:

Post a Comment