Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Teeth

We have a second tooth! Isla now has her two bottom teeth. They are ridiculously tiny and cute, and were a complete bugger to get in, but they have arrived. Apparently, I had my first tooth at four months, so it makes sense that she gets hers early. Unfortunately for her, both Sean and I had to have braces (among MANY other dental surgeries), so the poor thing has a long "tooth" road ahead of her. I would love to grab a picture of her first teeth, but she won't let anything or anyone near them :)


The weather here has been absolutely wonderful and a perfect start to spring. Isla and I enjoyed a little outside time yesterday. My mom gave Isla a Shady Baby umbrella which is upf 50 (we are a bit crazy about sun protection in this family), so we decided to try it out on our walk. It was absolutely amazing. Isla loved being able to look out and about as we walked (otherwise the car seat shade would have to be pulled down in front of her eyes.... and who wouldn't cry if you had to stare at a black shade for an hour), yet was fully protected from the warm sun. Here is a glimpse of Isla enjoying her walk:

So, Isla has started sleeping from about 7:30pm to 8am. Our main problem is that we have squeaky floors upstairs in the bedroom- I guess this comes with the territory of an old house. Around 6am, Sean needs to wake up for work, and I need to pump, so we both try and sneak out of the room quietly. impossible. Not only do floorboards squeak, we have two loud cats waiting right outside the door who think that they are entitled to meow VERY loudly for food. They then decide to run down the stairs (and if anyone has seen Miso, she is rather large and can not run quietly...) and try to trip you on your way down. 

Needless to say, by the time I make it to the kitchen, I can hear Isla on the monitor making noises. ugh. So, I am debating over switching her to her own room. My hesitation is that right now she can go from 7:30pm - 8am without feeding. She does stir a few times a night, but I am able to pop a soother in quickly and she just goes right back to sleep without a problem. If I move her to her own room, I wont make it to her as quickly in the night, and I am scared she will wake herself up and want to be fed. hmmm. Tough choice. 

In the meantime, here are a few pics from a hike that we did a few weeks ago. This trail is behind our house and it was a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment