Saturday, March 10, 2012

Four Months Old!

Yesterday, Isla turned four months old. That seems absolutely crazy in that I cannot believe that she is this old, yet I am now finding it hard to remember what things were like before she came into our lives. 


We have managed to get ourselves onto a decent "schedule". I guess you can call it that. Isla usually wakes up around 6 to eat. I will change her diaper and hand her over to Sean, who will feed her and then put her back to sleep. I go downstairs to pump and then get Sean's lunch and breakfast together. Then he heads off to work and I enjoy my "me" time. Shower, breakfast, clean up, get bottles ready for the day, and then sit and relax with some breakfast television. On a good day, Isla generally will sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. On a day like today, she will wake up for the day by 7:30am. It must have something to do with the weekend! 


After that we usually work in 1 1/2 to 2 hour blocks where she gets up, eats, plays and then goes back to sleep. Generally, our morning nap is in the bassinet, but after that it is fair game. We are usually out and about as I can't stand being inside the house all day. As soon as Sean comes home around 5 or so, Isla and I are waiting at the door for him ready to go for a long walk. I look forward to these walks all day. Isla falls asleep pretty quickly, so Sean and I are able to just talk about the day and enjoy being outside together. 


By 7 to 7:30, Isla is ready for a bath which Sean gives her as I clean bottles and get her bed ready for the night. I then give her a night feed and put her down to sleep. 


Then we start the cycle again. 


I don't think I ever give Isla enough credit for the good sleeper that she is. She has learned how to put herself to sleep (usually....) and is pretty good about it. We sometimes have to fight over daytime naps here and there, but the tears are pretty short-lived. My absolute favourite part is her waking up with a big smile on her face :)


Four months also meant the dreaded immunization day :( I feel absolutely horrible bringing her into the doctor's office. She is all smiley and cooing one second and then has this red, screaming face the next second. Thankfully she stops crying as soon as I pick her up, but I feel awful for her. I gave her some extra cuddles yesterday to make up for that! So at her check up she came in at 61cm long, and 12 lbs, 7 ounces. So her growing seems to have slowed down a little bit from the first few months. The doctor said that she is good to start rice cereal anytime, but I think we will hold off for a month or so. She is definitely showing an interest in food and follows you like a hawk when you are eating. She grabs everything and puts it in her mouth... although I am sure most babies do this! I bought her a high chair and she joins us at the dinner table now, which she really enjoys :)


This is the first day of March Break, so it will be fantastic to have Sean home for the week. We will go to CP and visit with family and friends, and then make our way back to Bolton later in the week. Isla starts swimming lessons the following week, which I am pretty excited about. I will post pics for sure! 


Here are our latest four month pictures:



1 comment: