Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cuteness

Last night we began our sleep routine same as any other night. I got the bath ready, then came downstairs to pump at 7:30. Sean took Isla up and gave her the bath and got her into her pj's. I could literally hear the squeals of joy from Isla the whole time, so apparently Sean is WAY more fun at giving baths than I am! 


After the bath, I put Isla in her woombie swaddler and give her a night feed. Then it is lights out. Sort of. That is what I hope for. 


Last night was definitely not!


By the time Isla finished her last feed and was ready to settle down, it was 8pm. She seemed pretty asleep for about 10 minutes and then POP, her eyes flew wide open and she was ready to look around and play. Sean always jokes that she looks like a little meercat when she does this- wide eyes, head straight up in the air, and looking everywhere around the room. Well, as frustrating as this was, it was incredibly cute and so hard not to laugh and play with her. She did start flashing the smiles as well, and when that happens I am done for. 


I did start to get pretty frustrated when the clock was now saying 9:20pm, so with a little more milk, and some persistence, she was asleep and in her bed at 9:30pm. 


Apart from one little squeal at 3am (which just required a soother popped in), she slept soundly until 6:20am. What an amazing thing! Sean is feeding her now, I am pumping as I type, and then she will head back to sleep for a few more hours. 


What a great start to surely a fantastic weekend with my little family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment