Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy May 2-4

This weekend was Isla's first May 2-4 celebration. It was a weekend full of neighbourhood fireworks (which I have grown to despise with a sleeping baby), bbq, swings and beautiful sun. It was absolutely perfect weather, and Isla enjoyed every single second of it. 


I was pretty impressed with Isla for managing to sleep through the loud fireworks each night. She only ended up waking once last night- I am not sure whether it was due to the really loud bang, or the fact that her room was a mini sauna. Poor nugget went to sleep in just a diaper and the woombie but it was pretty hot. We have started to look into what options we have for air conditioning in this house. If it were just Sean and I, I think the heat would be totally manageable as we could just sleep in the main floor bedroom where it wasn't so bad. However, things are totally different now as I have to think about this little being that can't really be shuffled from sleeping spot to sleeping spot every night. I want to make sure she is as safe and comfortable as possible- so we will see what comes of this!


Yesterday, Sean and I took Isla to the beach for the first time. The splash pad at Albion hasn't opened just yet, so we decided to just go and relax at the beach. We dipped Isla's toes in the water, played on the blanket and enjoyed the swings. We only stayed about an hour as we picked the hottest time of day to go, but it was fun. She really loves being outside which is fantastic. I will have to pick up a little wading pool for her to enjoy in the backyard this summer. 


Here is a pic of her enjoying the swings:

No comments:

Post a Comment