Saturday, November 3, 2012

First Birthday Quiet Book

So awhile ago, I decided that I wanted to make a quiet book for Isla's birthday. I wanted it to be special, and have messages from family in it so that it was a neat thing for her to look back on when she is bigger. Right now, she LOVES looking at pictures of herself and people she knows, so I think she will really enjoy it. 

After lots and lots and lots of sewing, I have finished all of the individual pages as you can see below:
You will have to just tilt your head to the side to get a good idea, since I am not sure how to rotate pictures on Blogger! 

So, now that I have the individual pages finished (I still have to stuff them with filling), I am trying to decide how on Earth I am going to bind them together. I am not keen on grommets or tying ribbons as Isla is just small and put everything in her mouth. Ribbons would come undone, and I hate the idea of her sucking on cheap metal. 

Any ideas of how to sew the pages together???

No comments:

Post a Comment